Monday, January 16, 2012

Trust in God and in his timing.

Trust can be an incredibly hard thing to do. Trusting involves putting your guard down and letting another person into your life. While it is hard enough to trust a single person, imagine trusting someone that you cannot physically see. Someone that a lot of people hate; someone that a lot of people want you to hate too. Someone who a lot of people don't even believe is real. Trusting that person can be a challenge. I'm talking about trusting God. 

That's a debbie downer way of looking at it in my opinion. Unfortunately, It's the way many within society see it. 

I get frequently told I'm ridiculously optimistic, so I tend to look at things in a different way. Here's how it works in my head... Imagine trusting someone who taught you how to live your life to the fullest and who genuinely wants you to live your life to the fullest ( John 10:10)  Imagine trusting someone who let their beloved son die, so that you could live. (John 3:16)  Imagine trusting someone who is constantly there for you, even when everyone else has walked out. (Deuteronomy 31:6)

That sounds like an easy person to trust. 


The hardest thing to do is trust in God when things aren't going so well for you. It is so easy to get discouraged then. Trusting in God was something I always struggled with. When things were going well, I was a-okay with The Big Guy. I would pray to him daily and brag about him all the time. However, when things starting getting tough, I lost my trust in Him. I hid and became a coward. In those moments I have never felt more alone. I couldn't understand why God would let bad things happen to me or those I loved. 



I still don't think I have an answer for why bad things happen, and I'm okay with that. I'm not God. I'm not perfect. I don't know everything, and I'm not meant to. I do know that I trust in God and the timing for everything he does. Even if at the moment it seems like the worst thing is happening at the worst possible time, I trust and believe that God is 100% in control and knows what he's doing. Even if I don't have a freaking clue. 

Sometimes it's better to just stop for a second, take a deep breath, and tell The Big Guy its all in his hands. In that moment, stop over-thinking, stop feeling guilty, confused, hurt, and alone. Get up and keep going. Because if Jesus could do it, so can you. 

Phil 4: 6-7 

No comments:

Post a Comment